The mission of Institutional Research, Planning & Assessment is to provide high quality, accurate and timely statistical information and analytical studies to campus leaders and decision-makers in support of evidence-based planning, evaluation and assessment.
Our mission objectives
- Serve as the primary source for campus, academic unit and student profile statistical summaries, making information easily accessible and widely available to the campus community
- Support the campus’s enrollment management goals and related planning objectives by maintaining near-term and long-term enrollment projection models and conducting statistical studies of yield for admitted undergraduate students
- Provide data and support to departments undergoing Academic Program Review, including support for the assessment of program learning outcomes and associated reporting activities
- Coordinate, design, conduct and analyze surveys of UC Santa Barbara students, alumni, faculty and staff to enhance institutional effectiveness or to support campus planning initiatives
- Provide expert consultation to others on campus who are conducting research for the purpose of institutional planning or evaluation, including aspects of research design, statistical analysis, and reporting of results
- Provide timely responses to regular and ad hoc requests for institutional data and analyses
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure the accuracy, reliability and consistency of institutional research data and reports
- Comply with Federal, State, Regional Accreditation (WASC) and UC System reporting requirements
- Promote the appropriate and ethical use of campus data
UCSB uses Qualtrics software to administer our online surveys. The email address we use to send survey invitations is GauchoSurveys@bap.ucsb.edu. If you receive an email message from this address, you can be assured that it is for an official UCSB project. If you have any survey-related questions, please contact our Survey Research Analyst, Chris Seaman at email@example.com.